Intending: What am I doing wrong?
#1 November 11, 6:06 am
Intending: What am I doing wrong?
Hello everyone,

After reading Lynne's The Intention Experiment, I've been putting her practices in place for an intention I hold dear. I've been meditating and visualising now for 18 months. But my intention has yet to materialise. I know I shouldn't focus on what isn't here yet, but I can't help but wonder what I'm doing wrong.
I must say that a lot of little things that I intend for, like parking spaces, punctual transport, and even some pretty serious things in my job, have all worked out. But my Big Intention which I've kept the faith for, it's not here yet.

Should I give up? If not, what would you suggest I do? Thanks for reading.
#2 March 13, 1:58 pm
Quote:
Originally posted by: Suzy Higgins

Hello everyone,

After reading Lynne's The Intention Experiment, I've been putting her practices in place for an intention I hold dear. I've been meditating and visualising now for 18 months. But my intention has yet to materialise. I know I shouldn't focus on what isn't here yet, but I can't help but wonder what I'm doing wrong.
I must say that a lot of little things that I intend for, like parking spaces, punctual transport, and even some pretty serious things in my job, have all worked out. But my Big Intention which I've kept the faith for, it's not here yet.

Should I give up? If not, what would you suggest I do? Thanks for reading.


Dear Suzy,

Is it possible you may carry some blocks in the subconscious mind related to the intent you wish to achieve? Maybe you may need to add some more colors, sounds, excitement in the image you are visualizing and maybe stronger emotions with burning desire and expectations? 18 months is quite a long while.

Just a thought. Blessings.

Al
#3 March 13, 7:12 pm
Done it all. The colours, sounds, stories, strong emotions, done 'em all.

Methinks its The Universe telling me that something better is in store for me?

Anyhow, I'm going to continue with the visualisation for 3 more months. Then I'll stop. And let go. I think that until I'm truly detached, it won't come to me.
The following users say Thank You to for this useful post:
#4 March 13, 7:13 pm
And why on earth was this site down for so long without someone doing something about it? Doesn't say much for its integrity!
#5 March 13, 7:27 pm
This is the first time since I joined in 2010 that this site has been down this long. All I know is that there was a turnover of some of the administrators of the site, and I believe that it was moved to a new web site provider. During that process, the site went down. I do know that someone was trying to get it back up, but I do not know what the priority was. I'm just happy that it is finally back up! Thumb UP
Old Codger
The following users say Thank You to for this useful post:
#6 March 13, 7:39 pm
Well I thought something was wrong with my password!

And I even posted on Lynne McTaggart's website to ask why I wasn't able to access the site, but I didn't get a response. It got me thinking that if even Lynne McTaggart herself wasn't interested, it really spoke volumes of what she thought of the site that she herself set up!

And it sent me the message that she didn't care, or at the very least, she wasn't interested.
#7 March 14, 2:50 am
Quote:
Originally posted by: Suzy Higgins

Done it all. The colours, sounds, stories, strong emotions, done 'em all.

Methinks its The Universe telling me that something better is in store for me?

Anyhow, I'm going to continue with the visualisation for 3 more months. Then I'll stop. And let go. I think that until I'm truly detached, it won't come to me.


Aptly said, Suzy. Smile Wish you all the best!
#8 March 14, 2:59 am
Quote:
Originally posted by: Suzy Higgins

Well I thought something was wrong with my password!

And I even posted on Lynne McTaggart's website to ask why I wasn't able to access the site, but I didn't get a response. It got me thinking that if even Lynne McTaggart herself wasn't interested, it really spoke volumes of what she thought of the site that she herself set up!

And it sent me the message that she didn't care, or at the very least, she wasn't interested.



I've been listening to her recorded interviews the past days and found her a wonderful person, generous and very mindful.
Last update on March 14, 3:44 am by Al Galang.
All times are GMT. The time now is 3:38 pm.